Cooling Center/Shelter Revised Locations
Hyattsville, MD – The Prince George’s County Office of Emergency Management continues to monitor power outages and subsequent problems due to the heat. The Office of Emergency Management encourages residents, especially the elderly, without power or air conditioning to go to a local cooling center. Residents who need assistance they are encouraged to go to the shelter at Northwestern High School, 7000 Adelphi Road, Hyattsville.
County residents who are in need of recharging their medical charging oxygen devices should go to one of the cooling centers/shelter, fire stations or local libraries to charge their equipment.
The County has identified and opened the following locations that have power in the County where residents can find refuge from the heat. These Community Centers will now be open until 10 p.m. this evening.
- Baden Community Center, 13601 Baden-Westwood Road, Brandywine
- Bowie Community Center, 3209 StonyBrook, Bowie
- Bowie Senior Center, 14900 Health Center Drive, Bowie
- City of Bowie Gymnasium 4100 Northview Drive, Bowie
- OakCrest Community Center, 1300 Capitol Heights Blvd, Capitol Heights
- Suitland Community Center, 5600 Regency Lane, Forestville
- Prince George’s Plaza Community Center, 6600 Adelphi Road, Hyattsville
- Curry Sports and Learning Complex, 8001 Sheriff Road, Landover
- Kentland Community Center, 2411 Pinebrook Avenue, Landover
- Palmer Park Community Center, 7720 Barlowe Rd., Landover
- Glassmanor Community Center, 1101 Marcy Avenue, Oxon Hill
- Pepper Mill Community Center, 610 Hill Road, Seat Pleasant
- Show Place Arena, 14900 Pennsylvania Avenue, Upper Marlboro
The following Prince George’s County Public Libraries have been identified as being open from 10 a.m. – 8 p.m. with working air conditioning:
- Bladensburg Library, 4820 Annapolis Rd, Bladensburg
- Beltsville Library, 4319 Sellman Rd, Beltsville
- Hyattsville Library, 6530 Adelphi Road, Hyattsville
- Kettering-Largo Library, 9601 Capital Lane, Largo
- Laurel Library, 507 7th Street Laurel
Residents and media are encouraged to follow @CountyExecBaker on Twitter or “County Executive Rushern Baker” on Facebook for information and updates. The phone number to the Emergency Operation Center is 301-583-1950.